Sunday, April 30, 2006

Buchanan Does Drudge

Pat Buchanan was on Drudge tonight. I'm ticked I didn't know about this beforehand, as I only caught the last ten minutes or so. The topic was, of course, illegal immigration, which Buchanan has emerged as the spokesman for, at least in the last several years. This on the eve of the immigrant boycott, which has captured the attention of the nation, many of whom were unaware of just how pressing this issue actually is, having been lulled to sleep by reality television.

Monday has been set aside for immigrants to boycott work, school and shopping to show how much they matter to their communities.

But with some growing tired of street protests, and others afraid they'll be deported or fired for walking out, people are planning to support the effort in myriad ways.

Some will work but buy nothing on Monday. Others will protest at lunch breaks or at rallies after work. There will be church services, candlelight vigils, picnics and human chains.

I guess we'll wait and see how this thing goes. From my home in Minnesota, I don't know that I'll notice much of a difference in my banal existence.

More importantly, another Buchanan book is set to drop on July 25th. Entitled State of Emergency: How Illegal Immigration is Destroying America, it should be another gem from the leader of the paleo-conservative movement. I know I'll be getting my copy. Once information leaks as to the specifics of the book, probably via Drudge, I'll post and comment on them.

No comments: