Friday, April 01, 2005

Follow-Up to a Follow-Up

For whatever reason, I failed to read the comments to my Liberal Tolerance post. Thanks to Saving Aeneas for pointing my attention to some "conservative tolerance".

Progressive.org Article
Pandagon.net Article
Daily Kos Article

Then I was told to quit whining, which was not what I was trying to do.

All I ask, is that we try to keep colleges and universities forums for discussion. Whether conservative or liberal, people should be given the respect they deserve. If what someone has to say is invalid, civilly state why this is so. If civil discourse is impossible, simply ignore the closed-minded speaker. Shouting and salad dressing make poor alternatives for tactful discourse.

Which is one of the few things we should all be able to agree on.

No comments: