Monday, May 08, 2006

Hillary and Rupert Sitting in a Tree...

The Lizard Queen--do I need to thank Vox Day for his vivacious witicism every time?--slithers into position.

Rupert Murdoch has agreed to host a political fundraiser for Hillary Clinton this summer!

Drudge is surprised. I'm not. Murdoch will follow the money, whore that he is; if Fox News could boost ratings by making Greta go naked they would. Big Business is about making money, nothing else. Any idealogical purities are entirely coincidental. Plus, when it comes down to it, on what issues do Hillary and the "right-wing" Fox News really differ? I await your answers.

Technically, Murdoch is doing this on his own, which just shows how much of a conservative he really is. When the Queen takes her thrown, he wants to make sure his boys score interviews. Thus, the posturing.

Political powerbroker and studio head Harvey Weinstein is said to have convinced Hillary that Murdoch could be a friend, not a foe, in her ongoing political maneuvers.

Hillary has now cornered the NY media market, by winning support from the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS owner Mort Zuckerman -- and now Murdoch and the NY POST.

But the people don't like her! If most people weren't malleable, this might hold some water. Since the capability to think rationally is no longer esteemed, the role of the press is enhanced, even amid falling ratings. Let's not forget that Hillary is a woman, and it's high time we had a lady--I use the term loosely--in charge. Never under-estimate the propensity for women to cling loyally to their ilk.

In two years I finish school. After paying off my debts, I may need to go away for awhile. I'll be taking suggestions for my adopted homeland. It might be more enjoyable to watch the collapse from without, rather than within.

Troutsky, I'll get a reply to you shortly. I was only signing on for a bit when I saw this and had to make an update. I've a Flannery O'Connor story to finish, after which I shall return.

No comments: