Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Large Amount of Very Little

There is a reason for my extraordinarily lengthy absence from blog-land. And just because I cannot remember said reason does not make me a liar. I've been busy with all sorts of minor social obligations, which invariably involve spending too much money and too little reading. Thus, my limited free time must be divided between my writing and my reading; lately the latter has won out.

Also, there is this.

I spent last semester on co-op, working for the man. Meanwhile, my good friend Chris took a passionate liking to the Catholic Church that serves the students of Michigan Tech, the school from whence we both hail. He has since, somewhat to my surprise, taken charge of organizing Friday Night Fireside Fellowship. More surprisingly, I have found myself committed to giving a talk next school year. The subject of my talk will be Paradoxes in Christianity, or something to that effect. I plan to draw heavily from my dear friend Mr. G.K. Chesterton, who has been affectionately dubbed “The Prince of Paradox”.

Although I am to give a talk, and plan on speaking extemporaneously, by habit I am a writer and not a speaker. Thus I am laying out my thoughts in essay form, to be published herein when completed. Until then...

No comments: