Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Global Warming Teaser

I'm not terribly concerned about global warming because 1) I live in Houghton, MI and St. Paul, MN; both are freaking cold and a little less frigidity would be much appreciated and 2) I hate agreeing with either side. The liberals want us all to drive tiny little boxes; the conservatives think we should all drive SUVs. The former want to legislate to prevent me from doing nefarious things to the environment (what that would be I can't tell); whereas the latter think we should drill every single drop of oil out of this country, and probably bomb the Middle East out of spite.

But I wrote about global warming for this week's column anyway. My mind thus attuned, I was struck by Vox Day's observation on the matter:

Global warming is a political and ideological battle, it isn't a scientific one. The fact that there are scientists arrayed as weapons on both sides doesn't make it science.

We need someone who cares enough about climatology to study this whole global warming phenomenon accurately and extensively. I call not it. I do, however, call maintaining my skepticism towards the prospect of humans being the impetus behind all the warming, and continuing to drive my Buick--when it's not buried in three feet of snow.

No comments: