Monday, January 01, 2007

Foxtrot

Bill Amend puts away the pen, at least for the daily comics.

Bill Amend’s popular FoxTrot comic strip will go to a Sunday-only publication schedule as of Dec. 31, 2006, announced Universal Press Syndicate today. The last daily will be Saturday, Dec. 30. Reruns of dailies will be available for Web usage.

As I joked at last night's party, I now have one less reason to live. Don't worry, I still have sufficient impetus--how does one pluralize that?--to continue my existence. Still, Foxtrot will be missed.

My favorite character was, of course, super-nerd Jason Fox. He and his friend Marcus, fellow super-nerd, proved, at least to me, that there was nothing wrong with letting one's dorkiness show. I don't wish to overstate the importance of Foxtrot; I am a flaming dork, and would hesitate to hide this fact with or without Jason's shining example. But Foxtrot was important because it illustrated the secret charm of nerds, a charm which isn't secret to every self-professing nerd who isn't entirely lacking in social skills.

Let your inner nerd show! Hoist a glass--even if it's only filled with energy drink--to Mr. Amend on this fine day. And remember, there are always the Sunday comics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aye, I'm really going to miss Jason everyday.

Anonymous said...

impeti if you are pluralizing in latin, but as an english speaker--just do what you want I guess...