Monday, August 08, 2005

Evolution

I have found that though I am an ardent conservative, most people who disagree with me grant me respect because I usually know what I'm talking about. I try to use reason and remain consistent, and am usually given props for it. Yet when I tell people I do not believe in evolution, one can almost see my stature fall. After all, only idiots would believe evolution doesn't exist right?

Maybe. I don't think I'm an idiot, and I know Buchanan isn't one. Still, here he is claiming evolution is as full of bunk as Bush's foreign policy.

I won't quote from the article. It's well worth the read though. Instead I will explain one last thing. I am not opposed to evolution. It is not inconsistent with my faith. Evolution though, has not been proven. It is merely the best scientific theory we have at the moment. I thought we were supposed to be skepitcal? Isn't that how science works? I guess not when the science discredits--it doesn't--Christianity.

Read the article; he explains it far better than I can.

No comments: