Sunday, July 03, 2005

Live8

I have to admit that I did watch some of Live8. I don't know if that makes me hypocritical--for what I'm about to say--or if I just get labelled as critical again.

Come on, the prospect of seeing Pink Floyd was too much to pass up. I think you can watch it over at aol. I'm not sure what the link is, but it's there somewhere.

Anyway, I think Live8 is a pretty neat idea. I also think it will be quite ineffective.

I hate to tow the party line, I really do. I wish that the words I am about to say couldn't have come straight out of Rush Limbaugh's mouth. Still, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Not that Rush is a blind squirrel, he's more of a monolithic egomaniacal one. Now that would be cool.

Here's the rub: all the money in the world won't matter unless we fix the corrupt governments. I wouldn't say it if I saw it another way.

Africa is unfortunately one big mess. Bono should be golf-clapped for trying to do something, but the solution just isn't that simple.

I'm done, and I'm afraid so is Africa.

No comments: