Sunday, February 20, 2005

Dear Wastes-Of-My-Time,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of so-called bloggers wasting webspace. Here's a fictional blog I can use to illustrate my point.

Today I went to work. I am really sick of . I've been so busy doing . I'm just so stressed. I feel... blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

Listen. No one cares. If you want to tell a close friend about your day, that's fine. Another alternative is to keep a little journal. Instead, you have to post this rubbish all over the internet where we all have to put up with the details of your benign life.

Furthermore, if you are so stressed and busy, here's a thought: don't waste time and the little brainpower you have posting. That's the equivalent of pouring water down the drain and complaining about how thirsty you are.

We all have cares/fears/worries. You are not a unique or special snowflake. You are just as boring and uninteresting as everyone else. Yes, that means me. I'm not anyone special, but the difference is, I realize it.

So what makes my use of webspace any more important than yours?

Certainly it's subjective, but here's my argument. I am trying to contribute to a forum on ideas. I am in the practice of changing minds, encouraging my fellow man to think for herself. Critical thinking is a dying practice and I am attempting to turn the tides of apathy.

I'm not trying to censor you here. If you want to continue wasting space, by all means do. That's the beauty of the internet. Everyone has a voice.

If you could try to make your posts approach poignancy I would greatly appreciate it. Of course, you could continue to drown in futility. It's your life, not mine.

1 comment:

Barba Roja said...

I have a LJ, but I try to make it interesting, in case someone else should happen upon it. It's still mostly for my own amusement.

http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=loyal_achates