Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Folly of Youth

Yet another reason universal suffrage is idiotic:

Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are the favored presidential candidates of younger Americans, according to a poll conducted by CBS News, The New York Times and MTV.

You mean the black guy and the woman would do well with Americans who have been spoon fed about the goodness of diversity? Well, I never.

If the election were held today, a majority of 17 to 29-year-olds (54 percent) say they'd vote for the Democratic candidate, while 32 percent would vote Republican.

I'm not a Republican, and I'm not going to stand up for them, even against the Democrats, but it has to be at least a little embarrassing that the impressionable youth make up a not insignificant portion of your base, no?

Nearly eight in ten younger Americans think their generation will have a lot or some impact on who the next president will be...

Most say the 2008 presidential election is the most important, or one of the most important, in their lifetime.

Talking 'bout my g-g-g-generation. I'm so excited for the most important election ever! It's going to be, like, very important--and stuff. See because the Lizard Queen and the Magic Negro are good, and the Republicans are bad because they hate the environment.

Since I don't vote anyway, I'd have no problem with the government taking away my right to vote, so long as my contemporaries are given the same treatment. I don't have a plan to save the Republic, but a surefire way to accelerate its demise is to allow clueless individuals to take part in the political process. Like, three cheers for Hillary!

No comments: