Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Christian Bands

As a Christian, I listen to a good number of "Christian" bands. The term is a bit ambiguous, as many of the bands I listen to do not mention God in any of their songs. Others do, but I tend to avoid the preachy bands, if only because they aren't as good.

Anyway, one of the Christian groups on campus has 13k with which to bring a band up here. Thinking that they would go big, they contacted Switchfoot. For those who may not know, Switchfoot is a pretty popular band, recently having "crossed over" from Christian to secular markets. Having done so, they can command a good deal of money.

Thirteen grand was evidently not enough to land Switchfoot. The band wanted 100k.

As a Christian this greatly offends me. I cannot fathom demanding that much to preach the good word.

I'll be stewing over this one. At least Tom Petty keeps his ticket prices low.

No comments: